Straight from the Farmhouse Turkey Soup Recipe
Hi Friends…..I hope you had the best Christmas ever….I was hoping for a white Christmas, but instead, we had 65-degree weather. Blah!
Oh well, lots of good food…..and family time was wonderful.
Do you have any leftover turkey?
I have this great leftover turkey soup recipe that I am sharing today.
Oh so good. Wholesome and delicious.
1 1/2 cups diced celery
About 1/2 cup of diced onion
Add pieces of turkey and all the seasonings
Add mixed vegetables and sweet peas
Cook on low heat for about 45 minutes.
Here you go…….the printable recipe.
Delicious Homemade soup. Just like grandma use to make.
- 2 - cups leftover turkey
- 2 1/2 cups of chicken broth
- 1 - cup onion, chopped
- 2 -3 celery stalks, chopped
- 1 - tablespoon of poultry seasoning
- 2 - cups of frozen mixed vegetables
- 14 oz. sweet peas
- 1 - tsp of ground sage
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Add water as needed
- 16 oz bag of egg noodles
- In large cooking pot, add broth, turkey, celery, onion, sage, poultry seasoning, parsley flakes.
- Bring to a boil and reduce heat
- Add mixed vegetables and peas
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook on medium for about 15 minutes
- Reduce heat and simmer for additional 20 minutes.
- Taste test to check seasonings. Adjust as needed
- In separate pan, cook noodles (according to package directions) while soup simmers
- Add cooked noodles (approx. 2- cups of cooked noodles) to soup mixture.
- Heat for about 5 minutes and serve
Thanks for stopping by today!!!