Want a new recipe to add to your dinner menus? Here is a great casserole that only takes minutes to prepare.
My recipe for today is a simple, tasty casserole. I do not make it often but when I do it is a hit. With the soft egg noodles, creamy tuna taste and the crisp Parmesan top it is delicious. I usually add a side salad and vegetable, but you could add whatever sides you wish.
- 8 oz. egg noodles
- 2 cans (7 oz. each) tuna in water, well drained
- 1 1/2 cups dairy sour cream (12 oz.)
- 3/4 c. milk
- 1 can (3 oz.) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook noodles as directed on package.
- Return drained noodles to kettle; stir in tuna, sour cream, milk, mushrooms, salt and pepper.
- Pour into ungreased 2- quart casserole.
- Mix bread crumbs, cheese and butter; sprinkle over casserole.
- If desired, sprinkle paprika over bread crumb mixture.
- Bake uncovered 35 to 40 minutes or until bubbly.
This is a recipe that is great for those nights when you have had a really long day and just need something quick. Works well for a weekend meal as well and it can be made ahead.
For more recipes and projects please check out my Pinterest Boards.