Lemonade – Will the real lemonade please stand up.
Fresh Squeezed Lemonade……..For some time now I have been on a mission to find a restaurant that served REAL, meaning lemonade.
No such luck. I love fresh squeezed lemonade, but I do not
like enjoy all the powdered, crystal products that are being called lemonade.
To me these taste nothing like the real deal.
They are a bitter, have an after taste, artificial something that is in no way is lemonade.
Fresh Squeezed Lemonade
I challenge anyone to compare a glass of fresh squeezed lemonade to a glass of a powdered lemonade concoction and you and your taste buds will wonder how you ever drank anything but the real stuff.
Get ready because your family will probably say “This is the best lemonade I have ever had.” Smiles all around.
Here is an easy (only takes minutes) tutorial so that you can make your own fresh squeezed Lemonade. REAL DEAL for your family!
Cut your lemons in half
Squeeze each lemon until all juice is removed
Add real sugar to your lemon juice
Slice a few lemons to use as a glass garnish.
Your Lemonade is ready!
- 6 - Lemons
- Mint Sprig (Optional)
- Slice each lemon into halfs
- Press lemon half on the manual press and turn lemon as you press. Squeeze until all juice is removed
- Continue pressing each lemon on press
- Pour juice from lemon press but to not pour the seeds or pulp into the pitche
- Start with 3/4 cup of sugar
- Add water to about 3/4 to the top of a 32 oz. pitcher
- Taste and add additional sugar until you reach the desired sweetness
- Add ice and lemonade to each glass, stir and serve.
- Optional mint spring can be added to each glass if desired.
See, this recipe is easy peasy.
It really is and the fresh lemon taste is worth every squeeze.
Put lemons on your grocery list and make a fresh pitcher full of lemonade to start the summer fun.
If you are doing any gardening this year you might like this Terra Cotta pot idea for your garden. You can check it out here: How To – Whitewash Terra Cotta Pots
Thanks for spending a little of your day with me here at the farmhouse! See you soon!