Salmon patties, or salmon cakes, are amazing easy to make. The mixture is cooked salmon, saltines, and egg to bind it all into patties, which are then quickly fried.
This is the meal that my boys always request when coming over for dinner.
Only a few ingredients and about 15 minutes and dinner will be served.
Let me show you how to make these delicious patties…..
Drain and mix your salmon & eggs…….crumble the crackers and add to salmon & egg mixture, stir until mixed.
Shape into 5 – 3″ 1/2 inch thick patties. Add to hot skillet with just enough canola oil to cover bottom.
Brown on one side then gently turn to brown other side.
Remove from skillet and serve.
- 1 - can (14.75 oz.) Pink Salmon, drained
- 1/2 sleeve of zesta crackers
- 2 eggs
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- dash of pepper
- 3 Tbls. olive oil or canoloa oil
- Drain liquid from Salmon.
- Put salmon into a large mixing bowl.
- Mix eggs and salmon with spoon
- Add crumbled crackers
- Gently stir until mixed
- Form into 5 patties: 3" x 1/2 inch thick
- Put enough oil to just cover the bottom of the skillet and heat until hot.
- (VERY IMPORTANT TO HAVE THE OIL HOT) this prevents patties from becoming oil soaked.
- Add patties to hot skillet.
- While cooking if more oil is needed, add small amount at a time.
- Brown on one side until browned then turning gently, brown other side.
- Remove from skillet and serve
Thanks for stopping in for a few minutes today. Enjoy your week!