Hi Friends….Come on in…..I think most of us have heard the term Comfort Food……the dictionary states it like this:
food that provides consolation or a feeling of well-being, typically any with a high sugar or other carbohydrate content and associated with childhood or home cooking.
No surprise that this Easy to make Potato soup recipe gives a feeling of well-being and home cooking. Cook some up this week for your family, they will love it. You can always get it prepared the night before and have it ready to put on the stove the next evening. YUM!
You will need 5-6 potatoes medium size potatotes. Peel and cube. Add to cooking pot.
Slice and dice 1/2 of large white or yellow onion.
Add vegetables, parsley flakes, salt & pepper, chicken broth and onion. Bring to boil, then reduce and simmer until vegetables are tender.
Additional instructions follow:
- 5 Medium Raw Potatoes
- 1/2 c. chopped onion
- 1/2 c. celery chopped
- 1 tsp. parsley flakes
- 1 1/2 c. milk
- 3 tsp. cornstarch
- 3/4 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. pepper
- 2 c. broth/water
- 4 slices of american cheese
- 5 slices of bacon crumbled
- Bring to a boil, broth, potatoes, celery, salt & pepper.
- In large pot add potatoes, celery, onion, broth, parsley, salt & pepper.
- Simmer until vegetables are tender.
- In a separate bowl mix cornstarch and milk. When blended, add to soup mixture and cook until soup becomes thick.
- Cook bacon separately until crispy, drain on paper towel.
- Once vegetables are tender add cheese & bacon and cook on low until melted.
What a great recipe to make for your family and you will know that it has fresh ingredients without all the preservatives and additives found in store bought soups. A much healthier way to cook.
Thanks so much for spending a little time with me today. I hope you are having a wonderful day.