Thanks for joining us for DAY 8 of our 12 Days of Christmas Series.
Today’s theme is “Cook Recipe”
I am sharing my Rum Bites Recipe
Put a new twist on the usual cookies served at your next party with this Rum Bites.
Only warning…….make plenty because they will not last long.
Welcome to the third annual 12 Days of Christmas Blog Hop!
Stop by every day from December first through the twelfth for new ideas you can use to make your season brighter!
Meet Your Hosts
They have all been busy as Elves creating, decorating, cooking and crafting tons of new ideas for you to try this holiday season!
Rum Bites – Make a few dozen for your next party
Today I am sharing my easy recipe for Chocolate Rum Bites and I think you will love them
You may want to take Note: Make plenty because these will not last long. After the first bite, one is not enough.
This recipe uses 1 box of vanilla wafers
Using a large mixing bowl, crush until a fine mixture
Add all other ingredients except rum and mix well.
Add the rum and stir well until it forms into a dough like concoction.
Roll mixture into 1 inch balls.
Roll into confectioners sugar and coat well.
All done….store in a well-sealed container. If needed you can re-coat with powdered sugar
- 1 – 12 oz. box vanilla wafers crushed
- 3/4 - cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 - cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 & 1/2 - cup chopped walnuts (Optional)
- 3 - tablespoons light corn syrup
- 1/2 - cup to ¾ cup rum or bourbon – depends on your desired taste
- In a large bowl, stir together the crushed vanilla wafers, 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar, cocoa, and nuts. Blend in corn syrup and rum.
- Shape into 1 inch balls, and roll in additional confectioners' sugar.
- Store in an airtight container for several days to develop the flavor.
- Roll again in confectioners' sugar before serving.
I would recommend starting with a ½ cup of the alcohol until you find your desired taste.
I usually make this recipe without nuts, just because I am not a nut lover.
I hope you are enjoying your Holiday Season. I would love to hear from you.
Be sure to visit our fellow 12 Days of Christmas Bloggers below for even more creative ideas this holiday season!