Elegant Chocolate Roll Cake is so tasty. Light & Fluffy.
This cake is one that I am requested to bring each Holiday. My family loves it.
Don’t think its too difficult to make because it really isn’t and it bakes up in 12 minutes.
Here is a brief look at that preparation and the full recipe that you can print is below.
Serving Tray – approx. 10″ x 5″ looks best
Overview of Instructions
Line sheet cake pan with foil and grease foil.
Mix cake and spread in foil-lined pan.
Bake at recommended temperature.
Slowly peel back foil and remove from cake
Roll cake from narrow end into a roll. Let cool on the rack until completely cool.
Once cool unroll. You may have a little cracking but that is normal, it won’t go through to the top side unless you overbaked the cake.
Re-roll cake and sprinkle with confectioners sugar to finish. Put on a serving tray.
Shop the Post
- 3/4 all purpose flour
- 1/4 c. cocoa
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 cup whip cream
- Confectioners' sugar
- Heat oven to 375 degree.
- Line jelly roll pan, 15 1/2 x 10 1/2 x 1 inch, with aluminum foil or waxed paper: grease.
- Stir together flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt; set aside.
- In small mixer bowl, beat eggs about 5 minutes or until very thick and lemon colored.
- Pour eggs into large mixer bowl; gradually beat in granulated sugar.
- On low speed, blend in water and vanilla.
- Gradually add flour mixture, beating just until batter is smooth.
- Pour into pan, spreading batter to corners.
- Bake 12 to 15 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Loosen cake from edges of pan; invert on towel sprinkled with confectioners' sugar.
- Carefully remove foil, trim off stiff edges if necessary.
- While hot, roll cake and towel from narrow end.
- Cool on wire rack.
- Unroll cake; remove towel spread Whipped cream over cake.
- Roll up; sprinkle with confectioners sugar or, if desired, frost with Chocolate Glaze.
I hope you enjoy this recipe. After you make the first one the others are easy.
You might also like my Chocolate Rum Bites recipe for a great Holiday treat.
I truly appreciate you all stopping in. Enjoy your week!