Homemade Vegetable Soup straight from the farm.
Nothing is better on a cold winter day than some home-cooked vegetable beef soup.
Welcome your family home with the smell of this delicious soup and just wait until they get the first taste. You will be their all time favorite Mom (of course you already are), but just making their day a little better. That’s just how we Mom’s roll.
Ok to the recipe……its simple so let’s get to it.
No preservatives, no artificial favors…..all healthy ingredients. Doesn’t it feel good to cook healthy food for your family.
Brown beef chunks and then add all other ingredients. Simmer on low heat until meat is tender…..approximately 60 minutes.
Dinner is served
- 1 - 1/2 lb. beef
- 1 - Lg. bag or 2 small - bags of frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 - 15 oz. can of sliced potatoes (or if you have potatoes slice up 1 or 2)
- 1 - 64 oz. V-8 juice or similar juice
- 1 & 1/2 Tablespoon dried onion flakes
- 7 - beef bouillon cubes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (start with 1/2 tsp. and then do a taste test as you cook to see if it needs more)
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- In large cooking pan add beef chunks and brown on each side.
- Once browned add 3/4 can of V-8 juice
- Add all other ingredients
- Bring to a boil
- Reduce heat and simmer uncovered on 2 or 3 temperature, for about an hour or until meat is slightly tender, stirring occasionally. If soup starts to stick to bottom of pan reduce heat.
- Once meat is cooked and slightly tender it is done.
This is one easy dinner…..Do you have soup recipes that are your families favorite. I would love to hear what your family like for dinner.
Take care and I hope to see you soon.